Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Some questions

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Some questions
From: Michael Hasselmann <michael.hasselmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 04:07:56 +0100

Hi folks,
a lot of good ideas were mentioned for balancing the gameplay. IMHO it
could be enough to just increase trade and production output of a city
by 10% per city size, which means bigger cities handle their resources
much better than smaller ones (I don't care whether this seems to be
realistic or not as long as it helps to solve our "problem").
Anyway, we shouldn't forget the "timeout", which normally makes it
impossible to make war AND to care for your cities at the the same time.
As often as I played FreeCiv on the i-net, there was never time for
letting your cities grow :-/ Perhaps it would be a good idea to seperate
a turn into two parts (e.g. one part for city management, one part for
unit movement)?

ciao Michael Hasselmann