Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: city smallpox (was: Some questions)

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: city smallpox (was: Some questions)
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:06:26 -0500

It is my impression that many of the principal developers actually play solitare almost exclusively too. Therefore I think they would be very sensitive to your suggestions. Don't let the lack of response discourage you because they normally do not raise their voice unless absolutely necessary.

Mike

Bobby D. Bryant <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's the heart of the problem: the developers all seem to think that everyone plays the way they do.

After various discussions in various forums, I have concluded that there are two classes of gamers, and that neither can understand the other's motivations.

FWIW, I use *all* the features you mention above *every* time I play solitaire. And I don't play competition at all, because the competition players all want full certainty so they can win by playing a scripted solution. I'm happy if that makes them happy, but it doesn't appeal to me at all, so I don't play on the server.

No flamewar intended; if the two types of player can't understand each other, they certainly won't convince each other to "come over to the {dark,light} side" by means of a flamewar. I'm just saying it would be nice if the developers would consider including some requests as options, since some of use really would use those requests.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas