Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: city smallpox (was: Some questions)

To: Freeciv users <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: city smallpox (was: Some questions)
From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:26:36 -0600

Reinier Post wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 09:06:26AM -0500, Mike Jing wrote:
> > It is my impression that many of the principal developers actually play
> > solitare almost exclusively too.  Therefore I think they would be very
> > sensitive to your suggestions.  Don't let the lack of response discourage
> > you because they normally do not raise their voice unless absolutely
> > necessary.
>
> Solitaire isn't as exciting once you can beat the hard AI ...

Again, it depends on your playing style.  If you play to enjoy the  process of
building a nice civilization, the AI is still a nuissance factor that keeps the
game interesting.  "Beating the AI" isn't the goal for everyone.  Especially if
you have to use ICS and the like to do it.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas