Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Stalin, soviet.ruleset and other things [Was: Re: (PR#1544

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Stalin, soviet.ruleset and other things [Was: Re: (PR#15446) undesirable rulers]
From: "Egor Vyscrebentsov" <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 00:51:49 -0800

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:53:17 -0800
Jason Short <jdorje AT users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

<skip/>
> Now, on this topic, what about Stalin?  He has already been removed from
> the Russian ruleset and added to the Soviet one.  How do we resolve this
> with keeping Hitler in the German ruleset?  The Soviet Union was no less
> the same as the Russian nation than nazi germany was part of historical
> Germany.

0. My wish was to add soviet nation, and I will strongly against removing it.
(Yeah, I'm soviet ;) One of the reason is WW2 scenarios.
1. Stalin was _moved_ from russian.ruleset to soviet.ruleset (There was
no removing)
2. Stalin never was Russia ruler. But he was famous and popular Soviet ruler.
3. Juridically, Russian Empire, Soviet Union and Russian Federation are (and
were) three different states.
4. There were contradistinction* between Soviet Union and Russia in 20s-30s
and between Russia and Soviet Union in 90s... Yes, Soviet Union is a part
of Russian history. Yes, DDR is a part of German history.

* - official, ideological, history school-books' and other.

PS _All_ of my russian friends who know freeciv are for Soviet nation
to presents.

PPS Stalin is not undesirable ruler for me in the game.

--
Thanks, evyscr