Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9709) Suggestion: limit on terraforming ocean <->

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9709) Suggestion: limit on terraforming ocean <-> land
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 04:04:08 -0700

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 02:38:57AM -0700, Marcelo Burda wrote:

> Freeciv is a strategy games and a simulation one too.

It's rather the simulation of a model, a model which is, in many aspects,
far from reality. Add battle tactics, too. And a lot of fun.

> Is a  land bridges joining continents a good simulation concept. the
> strategy to send a flow of ing to make a land bridge to get a another
> continents with land unit instead to use a naval attack can be good
> strategy in some case but is bas as a simulation game. i think this has
> to be blocked.

If realism is the point here, we have to remove terraforming alltogether, it
never has happened *in tile scale* anywhere in the world. Instead, I
consider a consistent game play as far more important. A very special rule
to restrict terraforming is simply a break.

Christian