Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9709)

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9709)
From: "Jason Short" <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:31:00 -0700

>>> Those sound like really bad ideas, if you ask me. Why do you think
> that is
>>> necessary?

Remember all the arguments we had about server- versus client- POV for
continents?  These all go away if there is a universal and unchanging idea of
continent that doesn't give away too much information (the current continent #
gives away connectivity information).

Also we can have mapgen name the continents and show this in the tile popup
information.  Wouldn't that be cool (particularly for Earth scenarios).

jason