Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4750) Patch: Exploring units stop when they see a

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4750) Patch: Exploring units stop when they see a hut
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 03:46:53 -0700

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 02:24:57AM -0700, Ciaran Mac Lochlainn wrote:

> >>This patch changes ai_manage_explorer so that exploring units will
> >>stop when they see a hut.

> It was on the "25 highest priority tickets" and I thought it was a good
> idea.  If my explorer finds something important, I want to know.
>
> >>TODO:
> >>- Exploring units should stop when they see an enemy (non-allied?)
> >>unit or city.

> So they can run away :-)

I agree this can be useful *sometimes*, and *sometimes* it is not. So this
is an argument for another client unit command.

We could have a X/S (explore/sentry) command, which make units stop at enemy
contact (ot huts). I suggest to make it all in one command to keep things
simple.

See the patrol command btw which also wakes up units.

Christian