[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:28:11 -0800

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Raimar Falke wrote:
> There is also the problem of input. Where does the player types his
> player-to-player messages and server-commands? Morgan reserved real
> space for this. How does Quake solve this?

I see many games use a hotkey for this. Press the hotkey and a input
appears, grabbing keyboard focus. When you are done writing, focus returns
to wheverer it was. The advantage of this is that 1) you don't waste
screen space when not using it, and 2) you don't need to navigate to the
input using the mouse then click on it to activate (or suffer mouseover
focus nightmares).

  - Per