[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA passes back control without reason (PR#1505)

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA passes back control without reason (PR#1505)
From: Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 12:59:53 -0400

Reinier Post wrote:
On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 02:43:04PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:

If you want a server without attributes just remove the attributes
capability from the server.

Ah, I didn't realise you had already implemented this.  Wonderful!
I may do ome playtesting to see if it really makes a difference.

There are ways to reduce the traffic (both normal and attributes). It
is just a "feature" that isn't requested often.

If it's optional, it's a great feature.

I agree - but I also agree with Per that it should be possible for individual clients to toggle it. Thus there should be a client option to disable/enable it. It would even be possible (though I doubt this would be done) to measure network latency and auto-disable it for slow connections.

jason