[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Another freeciv testing

To: Michael Suess <mai99dsr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Another freeciv testing
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:58:15 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Michael Suess wrote:

> > OK, try this version, which should apply cleanly against the current
> > CVS.  It has a few minor bugfixes in it as well.
>
> It applies cleanly, and compiles as well, however my loading problems remain
> as
> told...

Hmmm, try this then.  It sticks timeouts onto all busy-wait loops, which
I'm not really comfortable with, but should eliminate all freezish
problems (that's what you had, right?  I'm starting to mix bugs together
in my memory).

--Daniel Speyer
If you *don't* consider sharing information to be morally equivalent to
kidnapping and murder on the high seas, you probably shouldn't use the
phrase "software piracy."