[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Another freeciv testing

To: Michael Süß <mai99dsr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Another freeciv testing
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 08:29:34 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, [ISO-8859-1] Michael Süß wrote:

> On 2002.03.08 12:50 Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> > On 2002-03-07 22:35:47, mike_ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > I tried to continue a game I started with the latest freeciv cvs
> > > version, and thats just where the fun began. I tried to load it using
> > > the new connection dialog, but after player selection the client froze
> > > on me and told me "!@#$%^" (maybe it was cussing at me, i have no clue
> > > :) ). This is reproducible, actually any game that I tried to load using
> > > the connection dialog produced the same behaviour. If you load it using
> > > a manually started server, it works just fine and thats what I did then.
> >
> > This problem has been reported by others aswell... I'm sure Daniel
> > Speyer would appreciate any additional debugging info you could
> > provide...
>
> Like what would that be? My system configuration? config.log? gdb outputs
> (never
> done that, but with a little guidance should be no problem). If you need any
> of
> these, feel free to ask...

Actually, this sounds like the same bug that several others have
reported.  The most useful debugging information you could give would be
whether this works with version 10 of the patch (freeciv-test inclues
version 8), but I don't have an appropriate diff available yet.

If you have time, try downloading the current cvs and the seperate conndlg
patch and testing those together (if it doesn't apply cleanly, which I
vaguely remember, try getting the January 26th snapshot, which is what I
diffed it off.

BTK: the random characters are debugging flags I forgot to take out.

--Daniel Speyer
If you *don't* consider sharing information to be morally equivalent to
kidnapping and murder on the high seas, you probably shouldn't use the
phrase "software piracy."