[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Wish list Items

To: Steve Payne <spayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Wish list Items
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 15:05:42 +0100

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 11:48:01AM -0000, Steve Payne wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Thanks for maintaining an excellent version of Civ2!
>

> 2. Doesn't allways choose the same unit in city build (if no
> production queue). Particularly frustrating when trying to build a
> ton of caravans to finish that wonder quickly.

What unit should be choosen?

> 3. Settler/engineer functions. If not possible (i.e irragate a river
> and no bridge building) then please have a pop up telling us. It can
> waste 3 secs or so retrying before we figure it out. 3 secs is a lot
> in a speed game.

Or a buzzer sound.

> 7.  Make more a wonder being built. In our games each completion is
> a very significant event. (20 points, you cant build it anymore plus
> notification that that player has extra power). At least a global
> pop up box.

You can change this via GAME/MESSAGE OPTIONS.

> 8. Happy unhappy people display. Not obvious enough. Make the happy
> look and unhappy look more extream. I.e. the happy are holding hand
> in light colours at the mo, the unhappy go a bit red and the really
> unhappy black (am I right?). It wasn't easy to manage. Faces would
> be better.

Feel free to draw some.

> 9. Granary. How about a visual bar, population growth is one of the
> most important things in Civ.

> 10. City display. Could we have the acutal amounts in a bigger
> font. I am used to a quick glance that gives an overview, at the
> moment its a bit of a squint.

See /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/Freeciv or freeciv.rc depending on your
client.

> 18. In the left hand side the terrain box is shown. Could we show
> all terrain improvements like civ2? again this speeds up recognition
> of whats happend when units occupy the tile. (Quicker than view -
> remove units)

Show all terrain improvements? Can you explain this in more detail?

> 20. Transports - do they get a movement of 10 in the standard game?
> Seems excessive.

data/default/units.ruleset.

> 21. When viewing intelligence in an embassy, could we show the
> cities (like civ2) - then we know how many more to capture.

The number of cities?

> 22. Selecting which item for a city to build missfires from time to
> time, taking you to the bottom of the selection list. Annoying when
> in a hurry.

Which client do you use?

> 24. Top cities. How are these calculated? In civ2 the city with the
> most wonders is top.

value = nr_of_pop + nr_of_wonders * 5

> Phew! Well thats all from me - you should get a thorough testing of
> the program from my club. I hope you dont mind the suggestions, we
> are all CIv addicts.

I have snipped the client GUI changes which would make playing more
easy. These are always ok.

Thanks for the feedback.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying