[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Clearing your backlog

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Clearing your backlog
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:36:01 +0100

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 12:30:37PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
>  --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 12:24:46AM -0800, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> >
> > Just go ahead. However I would also greatly appreciate any extra eyes
> > on the patches in the backlog. For example is the AI-railway patch a
> > good idea based on the fact that it may make it easier for an attacker
> > to capure a continent? This is a question were I have no answer yet.
>
> Such a global decision has to be made:
> 1. Dependent on the civs inclination (civilized or not) if there is
> support for that.
> 2. aifuzzy.
>
> It will also make sense only if the AI does not change it's mind the next
> turn.

> Actually I should have had a look at this railroad patch.  I think
> it's near my area of expertise.  But it will only be worthwhile if
> you, Raimar, need such help and if you are going to read my report
> (I promise to make it short).

I think that the patch itself is quite ok for what it does. The
question is can the railroad building be made in such uncontrolled
manner. I get the impression that this isn't acceptable. Somebody can
propose a condition which enable or disable the action. But I would
suspect that this would be very fuzzy. And it has to be shown that
this condition is correct.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "- Amiga Y2K fixes (a bit late, wouldn't you say?)"