[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: AI cleanup Version 2

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: AI cleanup Version 2
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 15:29:39 +0100

> > > To be honest I'm a bit lost. Suddenly three people work on the ai
> > > movement code and produce patches like there is no tomorrow (which is
> > > good). How does all the patches relate to each other?
> > My patch applies on the top of Raahul's one. It corrects indendation of one
> > function he changed, as it is broken, and does more cleanups and adds some
> > comments.
> >
> > I attach hopefully the final version of it ;-). I added some comments,
> > removed some indendation changes and made even more variables local.
>
> Petr, I do not like the way you reformatted unit_move_turns for no apparent
> reason. Ordinarily I don't care about formatting changes like Raimar does.  I
> won't complain if you reformat and improve readibility. But that reformat
> adds nothing. Delete those lines from the patch.
This adds nor removes nothing, it is not correcting the code itself, but your
patch. What's the reason for strange indentation of that function then?  (it's
whole shifted by two chars and followed by a couple of newlines)

If you will force me to do so (e.g. explaining me the reason for that odd
indentation of this one function), i will happily remove those lines. I still
assume it is a bug in your patch now. It's your patch and if you think it is
correct, it is up to you. However I don't think introducing inordinarities into
the code now, while cleaning it, is a good idea.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC
Real Users hate Real Programmers.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/