[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: AI cleanup Version 2

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: AI cleanup Version 2
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:06:09 +0000 (GMT)

I looked at your patch.

It's absolutely fine apart from the comment to unit_move_turns
You say: "Things like railroad, roads will make the actual move cost
lower than the given estimation. Mountains, swamps will increase actual
move cost"
But the estimation is based on the warmap which takes into account swamps
and roads.  I suggest you remove the last two sentences.  Instead add:
"VERY IMPORTANT: the function assumes that there is ready warmap for
punit at (x, y)"

Maybe you should just send in the patch with the function unit_move_turns
and then, separately, all other changes.  By me the current patch is
fine. But Raimar might want to split it up ;)

And to make it 100% safe run autogame and compare the saves.

Best,
G.