[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Slashdot gripes

To: Josh Cogliati <jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Slashdot gripes
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:03:09 +0200

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 08:18:17PM -0600, Josh Cogliati wrote:
> 5.  Building can have directly contradictory effects to what they say they
> do.  For example, building a marketplace in a small city can often lower
> gold production since it takes one gold to keep up the marketplace.  What
> would be nice would be some kind of "tell me what building a marketplace
> would do to *this city*" dialog.

I like this idea. Create the building, recalculate the city, measure
the changes and remove the building. Display the changes in the
change-production-dialog.

> I have been playing freeciv on and off for about three years so some of these
> are my recollections of what I had trouble with at first.  I hope these
> suggestions are useful.

It looks like you haven't played payciv before.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Are you saying that you actually used the Classpath Java AWT classes in