[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Slashdot gripes

To: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Arien Malec <arien_malec@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Slashdot gripes
From: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:57:52 -0400

 Tony Stuckey [11/09/2001 11:54] dijo/said:
>On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 10:32:24PM -0400, Miguel Farah F. wrote:
>> I think there is one way to solve this problem: what if Freeciv
>> (besides Civ1 and Civ2 modes) has a mode of its own? I think *one
>> possible* way to do this would be to integrate the design of the
>> "Future Technology" modpack that I began working on some time ago.
>
>       Post a proposal.
>       Civ2's WWII scenario, the Civ:TOT Midgard scenario, and various
>other alternate worlds are the precedent.  If people come up with
>well-designed, *INTERESTING* scenarios, we can ship them.  I'm not going to
>accept every little idea.
>       There just has to be a good reason to do it, and it has to be well
>designed.  Unlike the recurring "air transport unit" proposals.

It's a design for a heavy modpack, including 25 new techs, new units
and new buildings.

A few of the ideas are:

1) fishing factories (ships that fish a sea aea and then feeds it to
   the city - in theory, a city can now grow unlimited).

2) farcasters (i.e. teletransporting gates)

3) city shields (augment city defenses)

4) new military units, spy satellites, etc.

5) the coolest building: bungee jumping :-)

Several of the ideas require heavy modification to the sources, and
maybe it'd be best to integrate them into the main Freeciv code.

I'll be happy to send you the design implementation if you want to
look at it.

--
MIGUEL FARAH              //   miguel@xxxxx
#include <disclaimer.h>   //   http://www.nn.cl/~miguel