[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Slashdot gripes

To: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Arien Malec <arien_malec@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Slashdot gripes
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:56:27 -0500

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 10:32:24PM -0400, Miguel Farah F. wrote:
> I think there is one way to solve this problem: what if Freeciv
> (besides Civ1 and Civ2 modes) has a mode of its own? I think *one
> possible* way to do this would be to integrate the design of the
> "Future Technology" modpack that I began working on some time ago.

        Post a proposal.
        Civ2's WWII scenario, the Civ:TOT Midgard scenario, and various
other alternate worlds are the precedent.  If people come up with
well-designed, *INTERESTING* scenarios, we can ship them.  I'm not going to
accept every little idea.
        There just has to be a good reason to do it, and it has to be well
designed.  Unlike the recurring "air transport unit" proposals.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."