[Freeciv-Dev] Slashdot gripes

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Slashdot gripes
From: Arien Malec <arien_malec@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:27:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Trent Piepho wrote:

> Did you check slashdot when the last release from freeciv was announced.
> There were quite a few people who complained about how the latest version
> sucked and was worse than previous ones.  The ugly isometric mode was the
> biggest complaint, but speed was there too.

Here's the thread:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/08/10/1614252&mode=thread

I don't see being slow in there, but it might be buried in some low rated
comments?

Constructive comments were evenly split between:

Poor usability (NOT confined to ugly isometric mode)
Not inventive enough.

I think this argues (if we are willing to take advice from Slashdot, which
seems kind of silly, IMHO) for both UI improvements & "research project" kind
of stuff.

But again, taking advice from Slashdot seems kind of silly.

Arien