[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Slashdot gripes

To: Arien Malec <arien_malec@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Slashdot gripes
From: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:32:24 -0400

 Arien Malec [10/09/2001 15:25] dijo/said:

>On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Trent Piepho wrote:
>
>> Did you check slashdot when the last release from freeciv was announced.
>> There were quite a few people who complained about how the latest version
>> sucked and was worse than previous ones.  The ugly isometric mode was the
>> biggest complaint, but speed was there too.
>
>Here's the thread:
>
>http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/08/10/1614252&mode=thread
>
>I don't see being slow in there, but it might be buried in some low rated
>comments?
>
>Constructive comments were evenly split between:
>
>Poor usability (NOT confined to ugly isometric mode)

Sadly, it's true in several aspects.

>Not inventive enough.

I think there is one way to solve this problem: what if Freeciv
(besides Civ1 and Civ2 modes) has a mode of its own? I think *one
possible* way to do this would be to integrate the design of the
"Future Technology" modpack that I began working on some time ago.

>I think this argues (if we are willing to take advice from Slashdot, which
>seems kind of silly, IMHO) for both UI improvements & "research project" kind
>of stuff.
>
>But again, taking advice from Slashdot seems kind of silly.

If you set the threshold at +3, comments are generally useful.

--
MIGUEL FARAH              //   miguel@xxxxx
#include <disclaimer.h>   //   http://www.nn.cl/~miguel