[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Profiles from huge game

To: "freeciv development" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Profiles from huge game
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 22:14:48 +0200

Hi!

From: "Ben Webb" <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > I can't believe a patch like this went in.
> I guess you should have complained about it at some point between
> April and now, then, since the patch has been available for review since
> then. As for CVS commit privileges, I have none.

I think the code is completly ok. There was a small bug in but this was
found quickly. The speed can and must be improved but I don't see reason
doing this in a first patch. For me its more important that there is a start
for this feature. Also nobody of the players has compained yet about the
speed loss, which will be reduced anywhy if all works.

I hope if the next patch will send to the mailling list it is more commented
by others.

> > You might as well just go and announce that freeciv is not a game, it is
> > a place for people to try and get their game ideas into someone elses
> > code.
> Not my idea. See http://www.freeciv.org/roadmap.html, in
> particular "Make rulesets for Improvements more flexible" and "Further
> game styles: Civ:TOT, Civ:CTP, SMAC/Civ 3..." There are more than a few
> comments in the code stating that this kind of thing is needed, too...

This is wanted and needed, no doubt. I like this and some others probably
also.

bye,
Sebastian Bauer