[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (8a)

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (8a)
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:25:49 -0500

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 08:57:54PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 07:21:02PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> > Hmm, I guess that I was a bit hasty in sending that out.
> >
> > There is a new version of 8a-trade in incoming/ :
> >
> > new_city_dialog8a-trade-WITHOUT_BUGS.diff.gz
>
>  - worklist_show_tooltips_callback is unused

getting wasted as we speak...

>  - shortcuts should be marked with a _ under the corresponding char

which one's? I don't think we have a system set up to do this for the
notebook tabs.

>  - extra trade page is ok

good.

>  - coloring of the production/surplus

do mean like food, shields, trade? I do not think that is a good idea.
No, not at all. Convince me.

>  - next/prev city should be disabled if there is only one city

probably, I'll see what I can do. now on list.

>  - add space between widgets

which widgets? where exactly? One of the major selling points to this was
that it's a smaller dialog.

>  - up/down in the worklist should be disabled if the item is on
>  top/bottom

I agree. Daniel?

>  - current worklist doesn't rescale if a longer entry gets added

This is on the current todo list.

>  - in the available items list the columns can be selected but have no
>  effect

also on the todo list.

>  - sell button should only be enabled if an improvement is selected

i agree. now on list.

>  - if would be nice if the sell button (or somewhere else) shows how
>  much this will cost and how much you have. May also disable the
>  button. This can be done in an extra row under the current currently
>  building frame.

yes it would be nice. how about on the button?, on tentative list.

>  - happiness display is poorly wrapped

as from previous post, I belive that this is a gtk bug. I don't know how to
fix it. I imagine that a gtk guru can use the gtk widget requisition sizes to
manual wrap the lines in the correct places. However, that process will
obviously be complicated by localization and different font sizes.

So the answer is: I know, but I have disavowed knowledge of the problem.
Someone, anyone?