[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (8a)

To: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (8a)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 01:41:24 +0200

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 03:25:49PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 08:57:54PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 07:21:02PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> > > Hmm, I guess that I was a bit hasty in sending that out.
> > >
> > > There is a new version of 8a-trade in incoming/ :
> > >
> > > new_city_dialog8a-trade-WITHOUT_BUGS.diff.gz
> >
> >  - worklist_show_tooltips_callback is unused
>
> getting wasted as we speak...
>
> >  - shortcuts should be marked with a _ under the corresponding char
>
> which one's? I don't think we have a system set up to do this for the
> notebook tabs.

The notebooks tabs. This is possible see gtk_label_set_pattern.

> >  - coloring of the production/surplus
>
> do mean like food, shields, trade? I do not think that is a good idea.
> No, not at all. Convince me.

IMHO it would be nice to have the number in the "()" in another color.

> >  - add space between widgets
>
> which widgets? where exactly? One of the major selling points to this was
> that it's a smaller dialog.

Between all widgets ;) The dialog is small enough that 4x5 pixel =20
pixel in width and heigth are ok.

> >  - if would be nice if the sell button (or somewhere else) shows how
> >  much this will cost and how much you have. May also disable the
> >  button. This can be done in an extra row under the current currently
> >  building frame.
>
> yes it would be nice. how about on the button?, on tentative list.

IMHO this could be done like below:

  Archer 20/50 3 turns     Change
  Cost: 56 treasure: 145   Sell

> >  - happiness display is poorly wrapped
>
> as from previous post, I belive that this is a gtk bug. I don't know how to
> fix it. I imagine that a gtk guru can use the gtk widget requisition sizes to
> manual wrap the lines in the correct places. However, that process will
> obviously be complicated by localization and different font sizes.
>
> So the answer is: I know, but I have disavowed knowledge of the problem.
> Someone, anyone?

It may be possible that there is another invisible widget which used
the place right to the label. You can embed the label in a frame to
see this.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  One nuclear bomb can ruin your whole day.