[Freeciv-Dev] BUG: city report.

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] BUG: city report.
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 22:58:45 -0500

surely _someone_ has noticed this, but I don't see it on known bugs, and I don't
recall anyone mentioning it, but anyhow...

Symptom: The first time that the city report is opened, only the cities are
displayed. It is also the only column. If it is closed and reopened, or the
columns are configured, then all becomes well. Am I the only one who sees this?

Problem: Poking around, I have found that spec->show for i > 1 contains garbage
that is causing gtk_clist_column_visibility to return FALSE for all the columns
to the right of the cities column. The garbage seems to very close to the
pointer
addresses of the elements in the spec array, and in sequence, but I don't know.
directly accessing the _specs[i>1].show array does not help.

Solution: I really don't have one. I can not figure out why it's happening, and
it fixes itself the next time _update() is called. I didn't really sift through
this code, the fix is probably clear to the author...

-mike