[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (8)

To: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (8)
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:44:10 +0200

On 2001-09-04 10:10:46, Christian Knoke wrote:
> Am Dienstag,  4. September 2001 06:37 schrieb Daniel Sjölie:
> > On 2001-09-03 14:41:08, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> > > with Daniel's 'blessing', I've put a version 8 of the city dialog
> > > patch in incoming/ on the ftp site.
> > >
> > > things todo: (at least on my todo list)
> > >
> > > o fix happiness so the citizen pixmaps get condensed.
> > > o move enable tooltips to the misc. page.
> >
> > I still don't like that but if everyone else thinks this is a good
> > idea I'll accept that...
> >
> > However, my thought with these tooltips were not that You would keep
> > them enabled but rather that You'd enable them just to read them once
> > when You needed to... I think they're a bit verbose to have on all
> > the time, they certainly should default to off and the newbie who
> > really needs them might not find them as easliy on the Misc page...
>
> What about introducing a button "Dialog help" or "Worklist help"
> instead. It references to a help system entry, which explains
> everything?

Well, I think that's the same as is - only less convinient... :)
But I'm not fanatic about this...

> Or even simplier, rename "Help on item" to "Help"
> (I would suggest this anyway). If there is no item marked in the list
> (at the beginning), it references to that (to be written) help text.
> Just an idea ...

Mmm... Perhaps... :)

> > And, by the way again, did You get any errors about
> > gtk_table_set_col_spacing now? Cause I can't see the difference from
> > earlier when others got it and I didn't... I guess it's possible I
> > made something stupid with the patch others had that problem with but
> > I tested it on cvs myself...
>
> I get this even twice now, on each opening of the dialog (line 592).

Well, that's logical since the info is now in two places...
I'm at work now so I can't try this but I guess the fix must be
-  gtk_table_set_col_spacing( GTK_TABLE(table), 1, 5 );
+  gtk_table_set_col_spacing( GTK_TABLE(table), 0, 5 );

Strange that I don't get any errors though...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)