[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (8)

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (8)
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:10:46 +0200

Am Dienstag,  4. September 2001 06:37 schrieb Daniel Sjölie:
> On 2001-09-03 14:41:08, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> > with Daniel's 'blessing', I've put a version 8 of the city dialog
> > patch in incoming/ on the ftp site.
> >
> > things todo: (at least on my todo list)
> >
> > o fix happiness so the citizen pixmaps get condensed.
> > o move enable tooltips to the misc. page.
>
> I still don't like that but if everyone else thinks this is a good
> idea I'll accept that...
>
> However, my thought with these tooltips were not that You would keep
> them enabled but rather that You'd enable them just to read them once
> when You needed to... I think they're a bit verbose to have on all
> the time, they certainly should default to off and the newbie who
> really needs them might not find them as easliy on the Misc page...

What about introducing a button "Dialog help" or "Worklist help"
instead. It references to a help system entry, which explains
everything? - Or even simplier, rename "Help on item" to "Help"
(I would suggest this anyway). If there is no item marked in the list
(at the beginning), it references to that (to be written) help text.
Just an idea ...

> And, by the way again, did You get any errors about
> gtk_table_set_col_spacing now? Cause I can't see the difference from
> earlier when others got it and I didn't... I guess it's possible I
> made something stupid with the patch others had that problem with but
> I tested it on cvs myself...

I get this even twice now, on each opening of the dialog (line 592).

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *