[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II player puzzled by ICS strategy (long)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II player puzzled by ICS strategy (long)
From: Aliaga <aliaga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:35:26 +0100

At 07:50 11/01/01 -0500, you wrote:

>I don't think Leonardo's upgrades Fundies.  (Or does it?)  But they really

This one may have been a tweak on my rules.txt. Something about upgrading
Fundies to Partisans... Anyway, if you buy them at say 10$ apiece then
disband them for a bit more than that at your cities building Howitzers...
it gives you some advantage.

NOW, that gives me another thought: If you have the money, a half dozen
small cities can rush-buy many more things than, say, three full-sized
top-powered cities which can only build each a single thing each turn. But,
if a city with 60+ production could build any number (or more than one, at
the very least) of things in a turn, THEN some well developed empires would
be able to withstand the more straightforward massive attacks.

>aren't that crappy... they're fully equivalent to Riflemen on defense,

Hehehe, defense values will never frighten me... On the other hand, some
400+ of those buggers messing all over my empire could be scary...

>Heh... that's all too true.  The Civ2 AI isn't a great player. :-)

Wich reminds me of another thread... there seemed to be no clear consensus
on how good was Freeciv's AI. Comparisons?

M. A.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Sema Group.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.