[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II player puzzled by ICS strategy (long)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II player puzzled by ICS strategy (long)
From: Aliaga <aliaga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:36:03 +0100

At 12:30 11/01/01 -0500, you wrote:

>I haven't looked that part of the code.  But the way it is now, corruption
>does indeed favor ICS, especially at the start, because it tends to build
>cities close together: shorter distance => less corruption.

Well, I would not call a dozen small cities "Infinite" <grin>. And if you
bear in mind the need to let them grow later, you'll wind up having to space
them farther apart, which only worsens things in the early time, so it
becomes more of a challenge. The Beginning is a Very Delicate Time...

>In that case, we will have to review how corruption is implemented in Freeciv.

Yes indeed, there may have been a not-so-slight difference with the original
implementation. As someone said, Civ is a bunch of neat little features
carefully balanced to make the whole game worthwhile. Every little point of
divergence can make a wholly different game.

But please, someone should check my numbers on CivII's corruption, as they
are drawn from a less than perfect memory.

>Mike

Just noticed, I'm Mike, too.   :-)

M.A.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Sema Group.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.