[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II player puzzled by ICS strategy (long)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II player puzzled by ICS strategy (long)
From: Aliaga <aliaga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:36:16 +0100

At 11:03 11/01/01 -0700, you wrote:

>I like that.  Maybe a city with a factory, or some other
>production-augmenting improvement, could be allowed to produce up to 3
>units a turn?

I should say a loud YES to that. Let a CivII city act as a WarcraftII
production center, churning out as many units as fast as it can. It should
be easy to code.

Besides, it would add nicely up to the idea of "working lists" or
"production queues" for cities.

But, there's two things that bother me with that idea:

- First, you could build in a very short time too many things/units for that
city to pay support for... Some kind of guessing algorithm should be put in
place to warn you of the danger.

- Second, and foremost: If it is so easy, then why didn't Sid make it so?
There may be some unbalancing of the game involved, though I fail to see
why. Or maybe the AI could not be made to handle that in a proper way...

That's why I was thinking of letting cities build more than one thing in one
turn, but not a whole bunch of things. Not without some deep playtesting.

M.A.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Sema Group.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.