[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II player puzzled by ICS strategy (long)

To: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II player puzzled by ICS strategy (long)
From: aliaga <aliaga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:40:05 +0100

At 14:55 22/01/01 +0200, you wrote:

> That's how it works in freeciv. I just have excellent example game going.
>I'm still under despotism (we play with really slow researchspeed).
>Compare these cities:
>
>Distance from capital      Size     Trade    After corruption
>        9                   3         6             1
>       12                   2         5             1
>       17                   1         1             1
>        5                   1         4             1

I wish I had some ongoing CivII game where I could draw numbers to compare
to yours. Anyway, I'm fairly sure that's not how it worked out in the harder
difficulty levels of the game. There was a distance where corruption
swallowed up everything the city produced.

I remember trade dissapeared (arrows blackened) still earlier (due to
corruption) than production (darkened shields) (due to waste) so that cities
far enough got unhappiness problems but where able to support some units,
and the farthest cities got revolts from the start and were unable to
support anything.

This was a fairly though handicap for ICS.

Hope this helps.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Sema Group.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.