[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Generally

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Generally
From: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Jun 2000 13:13:52 +0200

Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > Don't you think the AI would need a mind to compete with good human players?
> > That AI-developers will want it?
>
> Yes, It needs a memory to prevent spoiling units in useless figths ( vs
> citywall too early in the game) . But, there is nothing like that in the
> code.

I don't see at all why this would need a memory. It is either useful
to attack regarding success probability, or not. The past doesn't
influence success probability in any way (except veteran status, which
is already memorized). Or do you mean that from the past the AI knows
what units do defend a city? I think it knows anyway (but I'm not
sure).

        Falk