[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Generally

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Generally
From: Massimo Campostrini <Massimo.Campostrini@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02 Jun 2000 16:14:16 +0200

"Erik Sigra" <sigra@xxxxxxx> writes:

> From: "Nicolas Brunel" <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> >Now, AI has no mind. For example, it has no way to recall how many units
> >were destroyed during the attack of a town. Every turn, every thing is
> >recalculate.
>
> Don't you think the AI would need a mind to compete with good human players?
> That AI-developers will want it?

Well, AI memory would be great.  I am always annoyed to see the
"hard" AI send an endless stream of horsemen against my walled
cities defended by musketeers.

A client-side AI could save its memory in a local file.  The
server can issue a message to the clients before (auto)saving,
and the AI client can then save itself.  When the AI client
restarts, it will read the file and decide if it matches the
current game (and side and turn).

        Massimo