[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mind-States (Was: Re: AI Generally)

To: Erik Sigra <sigra@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mind-States (Was: Re: AI Generally)
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 22:12:47 +0000 (GMT)

> Is it somehow possible for an AI-player to calculate the entire map based on
> the random seed? That would give the AI-player an advantage over human
> players without cheating (unless they build that functionality into their
> clients).

After a quick look at mapgen.c, in freeciv/server directory ,
I see only one problem :

Round off is different from one computer to another one. You are not
sure to obtain the same map even with the same random seed. These
differences will nearly never occur. But, as they exist, you can't be
sure to own the same map as the server. Also, is the random
seed communicate to the client ? I don't think so.

Bye,