[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mind-States (Was: Re: AI Generally)

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mind-States (Was: Re: AI Generally)
From: "Sam BC" <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 16:13:47 +0100

I gather that part of this discussion is on the merits of redesigning the AI
system...

It strikes me, as it seems to have struck most people, that the most open,
effective way of doing this is to produce an 'AI API', either network or
local, for separate programs to access. Then people can independently create
their API's...

Oh, and someone cam up with the 'can cheat' idea? That would be a little
silly, as there is nothing stopping it being toggled on for human players,
who could easily hack about the client, or write a new one, to take
advantage of it. Either the AI has no objective advantages, or there is a
definite way of differentiating AI's and humans.

SamBC