[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Generally

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Generally
From: Stephen Hodge <shodge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 17:12:45 +1000

Reinier Post wrote:
 On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 02:42:55AM +0100, Sam BC wrote:
> I think the way to go is client-side AI.
> IQ has posted an AI client here before.

I agree (along with a lot of people by the looks).
Something that could be done with client side AI that might be useful is
to have the AI (code) provide assistance to a player, sort of as a tutor
type function. What I'm think of is to divide the various tasks involved
in playing up and allowing the AI to take over some of them. For
example, have a setting "AI handles exploration" which would mean that
all explorers are controled by the AI, or a "AI handles expansion" where
the AI controls some or all of the settlers and founds new cities. As
well as the tutorial aspect this could allow players to reduce the
amount of micromanagement involved in some games.

Regards,
Steve Hodge