Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: OO model for Freeciv?

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: OO model for Freeciv?
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 16:54:58 +0300

On Tue, 02 May 2000, Sam BC wrote:
> No-one is suggesting Freeciv switching languages, just a splinter group
> converting the game to C++, as I see it mainly as an exercise, and later
> comparing the two. If this creates a complete fork due to politics and
> disagreements, so be it - that's OpenSource! I personally say we should get
> a new name straight away (Freeciv++?) to avoid such problems in a WCS. As I
> see it, the discussion is in any case merely good manners on the parts of
> those interested in converting to C++ - there is no legal impediment to just
> doing it!

That was a joke?

As I wrote earlier, I see nothing controversial in simply renaming files from .c
to .cc. But I see that kind of conversion as big waste of time (of course, your
hands are free because the source is free, but...).

--
kirjoitti:  Tuomas Airaksinen              linux
kotisivu:   http://tumasites.cjb.net        is