Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: OO model for Freeciv?

To: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: OO model for Freeciv?
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 16:27:41 +0300

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Lalo Martins wrote:

> If there was, even remotely, the chance that Freeciv could be
> upgraded to C++, it could be done by a separate group of madmen
> in a branch, and when ready, tested for performance. I for one
> wouldn't mind working on such a project and then throwing all
> my work in the trashcan if it doesn't turn out better than the
> C version.

Of course we shoudn't change old working C code to C++, so would there
really be so much to: just change freeciv build with g++ instead
of gcc? Then there would be ability to write new code in C++,
and that would be, _of_course_, a benefit.
And those, who can't write in C++, could still write C code.

Or: is that really so simple? Maybe I'm a bit wrong person
to comment on this while I'm so beginner in programming...

--
kirjoitti:  Tuomas Airaksinen              linux
kotisivu:   http://tumasites.cjb.net        is