Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Richard Reid

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Richard Reid
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:49:40 -0600

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 01:23:03PM -0600, Michael Moore wrote:

> >>"What I do not enjoy are comments saying that the Democrats' motto is "Have
> >>you hugged a terrorist today".  That's not helping advanced any kind of
> >>civilized discourse."
> >I fail to see how that is comparing Nazi Germany to the USA or Bush to
> >Hitler.
> I know this is a long thread.  But, try and keep up.  What started this
> discuss/debate a persons following comment.

That is not a comment I made.  Please to not attack my position by attacking
comments made by someone else.  That makes no sense.

> One parting thought: Let's look at 1930's Germany. The Germans were
> >blustery and jingoistic and nationalistic and talked about how wounded

> >Oh c'mon, this is silly.  Saddam has never been a threat to the U.S. and
> >certainly is not now.  Heck, is is barely a threat to parts of Europe.
> >There has never been any convincing evidence of links to bin Laden's group,
> >and what's more, historical evidence that bin Laden thought of Hussein as an
> >enemy.  The linking of Iraq to any sort of terrorist attack on the U.S. is
> >flimsy at best, and likely wholly inaccurate.
> >

> Well, you are intitled to your opinion.  However, misguided it is.

You have not even ATTEMPTED to offer any evidence to say the opposite.  I
have supported my position numerous times.

> Here what you said:  "OK let me start out this way:  I am ashamed to be
> an American".

True.  I bet you'd find a lot of people saying that during the Vietnam War,
too.  It's sobering to be from a country that is responsible for millions of
deaths abroad, isn't it?

> I have probably disagreed with you on about everything you have said on
> this topic.  But, now I have to agree with you on your last statement.
> I too, am ashamed that YOU are an American.

Why?  Because I am trying to make this country better?

> Your not worth my time to discuss this topic any further.  If you want
> to debate something else then fine.   But, this topic between us is dead.

This is not the first time you've said that.

-- John