Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Richard Reid

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Richard Reid
From: Lowell Premer <lowell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 11:17:55 -0600 (CST)

> We don't push materialism.......we push freedom.

Who told you that?

>I would be interested
> to know of just (1) US American who ever said we are triing to help
> liberate a people in the name of Materialism.

Where's the oil gonna go after we "liberate" Iraq?

> >When the 9/11 attack happened there was a very big soccer match just
> >beginning in Iran, their version of the Super Bowl. At the Teheran
> >stadium they asked for a minute of silence in the memory of the WTC
> >victims, likewise, on the TV broadcast of the game. Dead silence. Do you
> >think some tragedy in Iran would have had our Super Bowl audience silent
> >for 60 seconds? What would those slobs have done but cheered for dead
> >Iranians? For a brief moment, even those who hated us the most
> >sympathized with us.
>
> You have got to be joking?  I don't know what kind of sick people you
> hang out with; but, if they would cheer for dead Iranians you should
> pick new friends.

Been a while since you've been to a football game, especially a
professional one?

>Get over it, Al lost.

No, he didn't

> Frankly, I am insulted by all this policatical rediric you spout.

You mean rhetoric?

>You
> would rather sit back, do nothing and put all our lives in jeopardy.
>
> I am really becoming amazed to see how many liberals there are in this
> club.  Am I the only conservative in this group?

I hope so

> Democrats new moto "Have you hugged a terrorist today?"

Which Democrat said that?

> >One parting thought: Let's look at 1930's Germany. The Germans were
> >blustery and jingoistic and nationalistic and talked about how wounded
> >they were and how they weren't gunna take it anymore and had a big
> >military and a loud-talking leader--lots of anxieties fueled even more
> >by a weak economy. Sound familiar?
> >

> Simply Amazing.  Comparing the USA to Natiz Germany.  And comparing Bush
> to Hitler.

Not the first time that's been said; won't be the last, I'm sure...

> Are you sure you posed this to the right place?  I think you are looking
> for the anti-american news-group.

No repression of different opinions implied in this remark, no sir...
You don't have to agree, but ad hominem is beyond the pale everywhere...