Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Richard Reid

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Richard Reid
From: flimzy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:09:39 -0600 (CST)

>>>Give me a break, Jon.  Don't you ever read any of you own posts.  You
>>>can come across pretty course.
>>>
>>>You have came out yelling "you're wrong" to the opposition without any
>>>due reason.  So, don't play that whollier than thou game with me.
>>>
>>>Like the time you told a person they were wrong, they weren't using
>>>Linux back then becuase you said it hadn't been invented yet.  What
>>>year  did you say Linus released it again?   You could have at least
>>>appaulizied (sp) for calling him a lier.  Truth hurts doesn't it.
>>>

>>I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Perhaps you could cite a
>>source (i.e. provide evidence) to back this claim of yours?
>
> It's just my opinion that you are short/course with people, when you
> think your right.
>
> As for the Linux records. If you really need yor evidence go back and
> look in the archives.....  You made that false statement approx. one
> month before you saw the OS Revolution movie.

I don't know what the OS Rev movie has to do with anything.  But then, I
still don't have the foggiest idea what you're talking about.
And since I don't know what supposed statement I made that you think was
wrong or course (sic), I can neither defend myself, nor admit wrongdoing.
If you feel like looking through the archives to find the statement in
question, I would be more than happy to respond.  If you're not willing to
go to that effort, then I suggest that out of fairness, you stop making
low-blows at people.

> Furthermore, what do you want?  From this day foreward do you want me
> to  gather evidence of every time you say "Your Wrong", or you holler
> or are  rood?  That would be a long list.

What I want is an end to personal attacks.  "You're wrong!" almost
inevitably comes across as a personal attack.  "I believe you are wrong
because XYZ suggests as much," on the other hand comes across entirely
different.
-- Jonathan