Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Newbies (Was: Cool new fan site....hehe)

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Newbies (Was: Cool new fan site....hehe)
From: Andrew Peck <drew375@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 09:11:11 -0500

I am a "new" Linux user.  I have been toying with it for a little over a
year.  In Jan I installed a new M/B and windows refused to work with it,
so I trash the Win OS and have used Linux ever since.  So as a "new"
user, I personally found Mr. Cravens' idea of the mentor to be a
wonderful suggestion.  It is one I would love to take advantage of, but
alas I live over a hundred miles away. (not to mention that you always
schedule the meetings for the nights that I work. :)

As for the topics being to deep and technical... if it is something you
feel you need to understand, ask questions until you do. (or they throw
you out)  That is why the advanced users are there, if you don't ask
them how are you ever going to learn?

--
Windows 98 is *NOT* a virus - viruses are small and efficient