Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Cool new fan site....hehe

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Cool new fan site....hehe
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 16:56:50 -0500

Perhaps it would be helpful for those who feel that they are in a
beginner classification, or feel that they better understand the
beginners needs, would list what things they would like to ACLUG do to
better help the beginner. This could include meeting topics,
workshops, etc.

A possible problem that I see is that we may have several
classifications of "beginners". There may be those that have no idea
of what Linux is (or maybe not even a clear idea of what an operating
system is) and don't know if it is something they want to try or
not. Then there may be those that have decided that they want to try
Linux, but don't know how to start. Then others may have finally got
Linux installed (themselves or with the help of an install day) and
now find themselves wondering what to do with Linux now that they have
it. Each of these levels is vastly different than the rest and perhaps
require a different approach.