Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Cool new fan site....hehe

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Cool new fan site....hehe
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:51:21 -0500

Just FYI, to everyone replying to Patrick's e-mail....  It would seem that
immediately after sending that mail, Patrick removed himself from our
mailling list.

Not that I disagree with the replies to his message thus far...

But unless your reply is of importance to the rest of the group (rest
meaning ACLUG minus Patrick), there's probably little reason to waste your
breath.  :-)

The committee has begun discussing some of these issues already, and will
probably have something ready to discuss at the next ACLUG meeting.

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 04:37:03PM -0500, kodiakm wrote:
> "I see much fear in you" - Yoda
> "You have not because you ask not" - Jesus
>
> I would have to agree with the other replies to this distatefull show of
> negativity.  I thought that the whole open source movement had at it's
> core values the empowerment of the common man,  not exclusionism.
> Exclusionism, is that a word??  Anyway,  another point is:  Even a LUG
> labeled "Absolute Beginning" would need an "expert" to serve as teacher.
>
> Mike
>

> "Patrick R. Klee" wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
> > Check out this site, I have dedicated to Linux Girls.  heh!
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/mykros78

> > visit http://tmp2.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi

V.90: "A new standard in standards - one that will only work for
an ever-changing sub-set of users"