Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2000:
[linux-help] Red Hat 5.2 to 6.2 -

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Red Hat 5.2 to 6.2 -
From: Bob Goodwin <w2bod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 11:27:28 -0400

Can anyone tell me how [and where] to download the files necessary
to upgrade my RH5.2, which I have been using for more than a year
now, to RH6.2?

I am finding more programs that specify operation with the later
version and need to make the change. I hesitate to call it an
improvement, don't know for sure. What I have works faultlessly and
is pretty well configured to my liking now.

I have a non technical [Windows 98 type, not Linux] friend with a
cable connection who can download the files and put them on a CD if
I can provide him with a list and an address. Provided with the
right instructions he is quite capable of doing that but I haven't
yet figured out how to deal with the listings on the various ftp
sites myself.

I read all the messages on your list and the muLinux list with
interest.

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin        Durant, Florida    w2bod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 RedHat 5.2 LINUX 2.0.36