Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Printer on Red Hat 6.2

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Printer on Red Hat 6.2
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 00:14:16 -0500

I've been loosely following this dialog and can offer this:

Kernel 2.2.x series uses a different method of controlling the parallel port.
It's now handled by three different modules which must be loaded in the proper
order. 1) insmod parport.o 2)  insmod parport_pc.o 3) insmod lp.o  You can
optionally insmod parport_probe.o to probe for IEEE1284 complient devices before
performing step 3).

Please see kernel documentation in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/parport.txt for
more complete instructions.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx