Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Red Hat 5.2 to 6.2 -

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Red Hat 5.2 to 6.2 -
From: Jesse Kaufman <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 14:58:08 -0500 (CDT)

> > Also...why 6.2, now that 7.0 is out?

it's probably a very good idea to stay away from the RedHat 7.0 distro...
they released it w/ a cvs snapshot of gcc, and called it 2.96, which
2.95.x is the latest version...  haven't heard anything but trouble
because of this...

however, they were supposed to package my OmniAMP xmms skin with it, so it
can't be all bad! : ^ )  heehee

gLaNDix

--
Jesse Kaufman                           |       WebSurf Internet Access
Administration / Web Development        |       www.websurf.net

<<< Vim is a REAL man's text editor.  I don't know why anyone else would
    even bother with sissy programs like emacs, or even worse...  pico!  >>>