Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Red Hat 5.2 to 6.2 -

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Red Hat 5.2 to 6.2 -
From: Bob Goodwin <w2bod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 06:45:50 -0400

Thanks for the "help."

This old IBM Aptiva came to me with Windows and OS2 installed a few
years ago and has gone through inumerable transformations since that
time, reformatting the hd's, I lost count long ago, and installation
of Windows more than once, hd failure, and numerous reinstallations
of RH5.2.

I am still an amateur at this but I will no doubt survive RH7.0 and
besides I'm too far down the road to back out now after the cd's
have been made and are in the mail! I just hope I can "upgrade"
without wiping out everything I have. If not, it won't be the first
time I rebuilt everything from scratch.

Netscape 4.75 is rotten and getting worse and I wanted to try the
latest version, NS6 or whatever they call it, and they specify a
later Linux version. That's why I set out after RH6.2 ...  The
confusion with the ISO files would not have happened if I had the CD
Burner but it's an area where I've had no experience and I have to
depend on someone else to do the work. I did a search on the subject
but information does not come easily it seems.

  Bob Goodwin
 RedHat 5.2 LINUX 2.0.36

 Everyone is entitled to my opinion.