Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Printer on Red Hat 6.2

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Printer on Red Hat 6.2
From: Bruce Bales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 15:59:48 -0500

Printer and computer worked fine (at least for text) until I replaced
Mandrake7.1 with Redhat 6.2.

I found last night that the Mandrake system behind me has five lines in dmesg
that are not in the RH
system.  They look significant:
    parport0: PC style at 0x378, using IRQ3
    parport_probe: succeeded
    parport0: Printer, canon BJC-4100
    lp0: using parport0 (polling)
    lp0 offline

Any ideas?

By the way, a capital tilde N has to be pretty useless - not many words start
with tilde N.
bruce