Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12706) Events framework

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12706) Events framework
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:53:02 -0700

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 09:45:53AM -0700, Raimar Falke wrote:

> Ok the above was total pro-python but I think I got my point
> across. Lua is of not much use elsewhere.

whatever. In my opinion, requiring python be installed on any target
computer in order to be able to player freeciv is utterly unacceptable.
So what if we decrease the number of developers for _modpacks_ if we
obliterate the number of people who will even install it to play it? And
telling windows users that they have to go get another package from
somewhere and install that first is a recipe for disaster...

-mike