Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12706) Events framework

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12706) Events framework
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:12:32 -0700

Just so you get to see it, this is how my Python version looked like.

I was talking with Jason and Raimar. Handcoding the C -> Script Language
bridge is a pain. It turns out there are some tools for that. One is
SWIG, which can interface with Python, Ruby, Guile and some other
languages. Lua has toLua.

Fedora Linux has SWIG and libpython pre-installed, but neither Lua nor
toLua. There are also Ruby packages but these are not pre-installed.